5 Tips for Handling Holiday Stress
- Know what you can and what you can’t control:
While we pride ourselves on being in control, it’s critical that we understand what we can and can’t control. The list of what you can control includes what you think, what you say, what you feel and do, what you put into your mouth, and what you do to your body.
Here are some things we can’t control during the holiday season;
- you can’t invite your brother without your sister-in-law.
- you can’t invite the sister-in-law without THAT banana pudding.
- the relatives you visit have no guest room, and you have to sleep on the pullout bed with the saggy mattress in the path of the only bathroom.
- the surprising reactions people have to the gift you oh-so-carefully picked out!
It’s a short list of things we can control. That’s where we need to focus our energy. We need to revise our outlook and revamp our reactions so we can rebound from life’s annoyances.
I will be sending out my full article via my e-mail news on Friday. Don’t yet receive my e-mail newsletter? Well then, click HERE and enter your e-mail. You’ll be added as one of my great and devoted readers and will receive an e-mail just about once a month. Hope you are handling and blessing your holiday stress!